The Marketing Society is delighted to announce THINK EQUAL - a new initiative aimed at driving diversity and inclusion across the marcomms industry in the MENA region.
Initially the focus will be on accelerating gender equality helping to progress the careers of mid and senior management women (8-15 years of experience roughly), to take more positions leading brands, agencies and media owners in the UAE and wider MENA region.
Through training, events, mentoring, policy changes, content and much more, we aim to provide tangible activity that will make an impact and a difference now. We’ll also be collaborating with other membership groups, event organisers and media to ensure more equal visibility and opportunity are provided to female talent.
THE WORKING COMMITTEE
A working committee of inspiring leaders from the industry has been put together to help lead the strategic focus and to shape activity:
- Abby Lyons, House of Comms
- Annie Arsane, TikTok
- Kinda Al Issa, TikTok
- Mohammed Ismaeel, TOUGHLOVE Advisors
- Rachel Dunn, Microsoft
- Leanne Foy, Leanne Foy & Co, Project Director
- Alasdair Hall-Jones, The Marketing Society
OUR KEY PILLARS & ACTIVITY
1) Build rather than Leverage Relationships
- Mentorship Program: Sign up to be a mentor/mentored by an industry senior leader
- Networking events: One per quarter - date to be announced soon
2) Unequal Visibility Opportunities
- Equal speaking pledge: work with event and conference producers for 50/50 speaker balance
- Speaker directory: provide a directory of female speakers and their areas of expertise
3) Personal Growth & self belief at the highest levels
- Trainings, events and Masterclasses: more information coming soon
- Book circles: launched today with ‘How Women Rise’ in September - registration link below
WHAT'S COMING UP NEXT
- Our book club is a platform for women in the industry to come together, learn, debate and discuss influential books. We aim to offer practical takeaways to accelerate your career and challenge boundaries. The first meeting took place in September to discuss the book “How Women Rise” by Sally Helgesen and Marshall Goldsmith.
The next edition of the Book Club will take place on Friday 25 November and will focus on 'Invisible Women' by Caroline Criado Perez. You can register for the event here.
- ‘I am Remarkable’ Masterclasses - Empowering women to celebrate their achievements in the workplace - 27 October - register here
- Personal Brand Audit Masterclasses run by Kelly Lundberg, Personal Brand Expert and Business Mentor, shares the what, why and how you can increase your personal brand. The next session will take place on 5 October and 7 November at 7pm GST - register now
- Progress with Purpose - Industry specific group and individual coaching program to identify your limitations and create an action plan to unlock your full potential. Wednesday 5 October, 9am-10am online. Register here.
A lot of us caught up in the current pace of life, may not have had the chance to get focused and intentional about what it is what we want progress with and achieve next. That feeling of ‘how did I get here?’ and more importantly ‘what do I really want next?’ This session aims to bring some consciousness to your career. Crafting and being intentional about your career vision will help you define what you want for yourself and your career as you progress.
This session will deliver:
- Greater awareness and clarity on what your career future looks & feels like
- An inspiring Career Vision to get to work on bringing to life
- Marketing Mania - THINK EQUAL will be hosting a session as part of Marketing Mania in October. More information coming soon.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE
We are stronger together, than we are alone. And that’s why we want the marcomms industry to come together to make a difference. Every single person who makes up our brilliant industry can make an impact. Whether that’s through donating your time on our working committee, or putting your hand up to run an event or training session, you may have some suggestions of speakers to add to our speaker library, or have a venue you want to provide for free. However big or small, everything makes a difference.
GET IN TOUCH
Please get in touch with our Project Director Leanne Foy for more information.