On Thursday 22nd October 2022, The Marketing Society Conference returned to Hong Kong. This year's theme was 'Changemakers Ignite' and brought together the Hong Kong marketing community to discuss a number of critical topics facing brands today.
Hong Kong Board Member and Fellow, Darren Chuckry was one of our hosts and shares his roundup of the day's sessions.
- Robbie McRobbie, Darren Burden, Ravi Nagdev and Paul Smitton started the afternoon with a great discussion about the Future of Sports in Hong Kong and what role brands will play in building out a vibrant community around sports.
- It was very informative to get key insights into the #effieawards2022 and the Grand Effie Winner - Share For Good by NWD X Publicis Groupe and also learn the critical role that purpose plays in building a successful business by Thierry Halbroth.
- We got a glimpse Craig Leesons new film called The Last Glaciers which will be premiering in HK on November 30th at IMAX theatres. This will be the most comprehensive film ever produced about the relationship between climate change, mountain environments, and glaciers.
- Our keynote featured Fiona Nott talking about how The Women's Foundation has been an incubator of ideas, an innovator and a change-maker on gender issues affecting Hong Kongs companies.
- We finished the afternoon with a showcase of all the great work being done in Web3 and The Metaverse from Michael Ng from Gusto Collective, Zero Chung from Panguu, Jaslin G with PayMe and Yoyo Ng from iClick Interactive Asia Group Limited.
For further insight into the day, you can view the photos here.