In this webinar session streamed live from New York - hosted by Siegel+Gale's Margaret Molloy - we heard from LinkedIn's community editor, Victoria Taylor - she shared tips on how to maximise your profile.
Here's a few things we picked up:
- Profile: ensure you have a compelling cover image - dont use a stock photo. Use this space to bring you to life as a person
- Profile: switch from connect to follow - use connect for people you have a relationship with, but follow to broaden your network
- About: explain what you’re passionate about and the campaigns you’ve worked on - tell a story, let people get to know you
- Profile: with your headline, use this area to tell a short story - perhaps saying your direct role but also as a place to summarise yourself in an engaging way
- Featured: be visual, use this area to showcase things you are proud of. What are you seeing in your unique role that others might not see?
- Profile: what books are you reading? Are there videos or podcasts you’re into that can add to your profile?
- Timeline: ensure you're a consistent and regular poster – get involved in the community. Always think, how am I adding value to my followers’ timelines?
- Community: follow hashtags that are relevant to your industry, then you’ll be notified of what’s trending
- Community: if you cannot share the direct work you do, try and share on-brand content or weigh in on other’s posts - find ways to get yourself involved in conversations and have an opinion
- Timeline: ensure your content is both approachable and bitesize - make it easy for people to interact with you
- How to change from "connect" to "Follow" as primary call-to-action
- How to manage connection requests
- Best practices for hashtags
- Learn more about LinkedIn Live
- Learn more about Linkedin Newsletters
- Best practices for creating content on LinkedIn
You can also listen to this session as a podcast via soundcloud, iTunes, Spotify, Google podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Enjoy this? Get more.
Our monthly newsletter, The Edit, curates the very best of our latest content including articles, podcasts, video.
Become a member
Not a member yet?
Now it's time for you and your team to get involved. Get access to world-class events, exclusive publications, professional development, partner discounts and the chance to grow your network.