10 things we learned this winter
- Available flavours of KitKat in Japan include baked potato, soybean, apricot seed and red bean paste sandwich.
- In 2011, Toyota announced that the official plural of Prius was Prii.
- In 1959, the first commercially successful document copier, the Xerox 914, went on sale. It came with a small fire extinguisher as the machine had a tendency to catch fire.
- To kill yourself with coffee, you would need to drink 80-100 cups at a single sitting.
- The Anglo-Saxons called February Solmoneth (mud month) or Kale-monath (kale month).
- In China, Pretty Woman became ‘I Will Marry a Prostitute to Save Money’.
- 7-Up was originally called ‘Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda’.
- A group of pugs is called a grumble.
- If all the Birds Eye waffles sold in a year were stacked up, they would be 474 times higher than Mount Everest.
- In the average Oscar-winning film, women get just 27% of the speaking time.