2018 commended, Dominos, branded content - case study
New Year’s Day (NYD) is the most important day of the year for takeaways. It’s also the biggest sales-driving day for Domino’s, with the brand expecting to make 350,000 pizzas – that’s eight pizzas a second. We knew that maintaining momentum during such a business-critical period would require no small amount of steadfast marketing - we’d have to drive as many people to their website and app as possible. NYD is a tricky moment to gain cut-through or SOV. It’s saturated with brands vying for attention, with Just Eat alone predicting it would sell 500,000 dishes on NYD.
We also knew that NYD is plagued with the same old monotonous dialogue; new year, new you, righting wrongs and writing resolutions. With each and every brand competing for virtuosity share. To make things even more challenging, it’s statistically the most hungover day of the year – meaning an audience that weren’t exactly geared and primed to watch ads. So rather than cook up the same old advertising, pandering to the same old clichés, we would launch a pop-up 24-hour channel full of content people would truly want in their time of need. This tells the story of the Recovery Channel, a 24-hour takeover of Sky channel
539. It was a one-stop-shop for the most soothing, relaxing content imaginable – with absolutely no brainpower required. Think sleeping puppies, a crackling fireplace, and a ‘live’ stream of a stream (well, live-ish).
It led to a scroll-stopping campaign which delivered:
- 109 million total impressions
- 387.4% increase in av. Website traffic
- 110% increase in av. app opens
- 19.3% YoY increase in online sales.
- 14.7% of sales directly from social ads,
- 17x Return on Advertising Spend for social.
A good start to the year for Domino’s.
To register your interest or to find out how to enter the next Excellence Awards visit our Awards site. Login to download the full case study below:
(Please note: parts of this case study may have been redacted for confidentiality purposes.)